Are you looking for a way to make the .htaccess file appear on your cpanel
A .htaccess (Hypertext Access) is a very important configuration file used by Apache based web server.
.htaccess file is a file that can be used to program the server to behave in a certain way. Below are 3 most important uses of .htaccess:
- Protect Your Web site/app with a password.
- Redirect your site visitors to another page (for instance, you’ll need to create or modify your .htaccess to redirect your site visitors to https after the installation of SSL on your website.
- Create your own custom error page.
Now to the main purpose of this post, sometimes your .htaccess and other (.***) special files are hidden by default in the file manager section of your Cpanel.
To View & Modify Your .htaccess File in Your Cpanel
- Login to your Cpanel
- Under file category, click on File Manager
- At the top right section of your file manager, click on Settings
On the dialogue box that pops up, check “Show Hidden Files (dot files)” all your hidden files with (.***) extension including the most important .htaccess will appear. If you can find your .htaccess , you can create it using the file name .htaccess