Creating a website can be tasking than expected most times especially when working for a client, hence the essence of this article to create a under construction page.
As you begin you create a website, more task or ideas comes up be it Coding or content management system like WordPress. It’s a good thing to set up a COMING SOON or UNDER CONSTRUCTION homepage so site visitors or your clients don’t follow you minutes by minutes as you proceed cos sometimes, it can be messy along the process.
So follow the simple steps below to create your under construction page:
- In your WordPress admin dashboard, Go to plugins and click on “Add New”
- under the Plugins search menu type “Under Construction” or you can specifically type “Under Construction/Maintenance Mode from Acurax”
- Install and activate the plugin
- In the options section of your WP dashboard (usually after Settings) locate and click on “Maintenance Mode”
- Under the General settings of the plugin, put your page title, page description which will appear at the head of your browser, this awesome plugin also have a favicon upload option. You can also choose a date the site is expected to be completed and choose if the opening of the site should be automatic.
- Toggle over to Appearance Settings: Choose a design template, site logo, Heading and paragraph of your under construction page. You also have other option like countdown timer styling.
- Toggle the general settings option and tick the Activate radio button, scroll down the page and save your changes. That’s it.
NOTE: You can still view your WordPress website when you view the site using a browser you’ve logged in your Admin account. This same permission is also available to Editor and Author’s account but you can modify the settings not the include other accounts except the admin.