In this article I will show you how to check your WordPress website traffic statistics – this includes pasts visitors counts, real time (current) visitors counts, countries of site visitors, devices of site visitors, average time spent on site, sources of traffic, posts and pages visitors visited per time Etc.
We will use a plugin Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by MonsterInsights and I will take you step by step as I use Techs Jardin to tech you how to check your WordPress website traffic statistics.
- Go to your plugin area, search for the plugin above, install and activate the plugin
- After activating the plugin, click on “Launch Wizard” on the plugin page or under Dashboard, click on “Insights”, first step s to select the category that best describe your website and click “Save and Continue”. For Techs Jardin I will chose Publisher (Blog).
- The next step is to connect MonsterInsights to your website, you will need to sign in with your Gmail in order to grant MonsterInsights access to view and manage your Analytics data, view and manage search console data Etc.
- The next step will ask you to register for Google Analytics account if you don’t have a Google Analytics account for that Gmail you provided earlier.
- Visit analytics.google.com to create a Google Analytics account if you don’t have one. Connect your Google Analytics account to your website and it will return you to the MonsterInsights setup page.
- At third and fourth stage click “Save & Continue”, at stage 5 you can optionally decide to install the plugin by MonsterInsights WPForms and finish the setup.
- Click on view reports to view the traffics counts of your website