This article will show you how to organize and manage media files in WordPress site.
WordPress groups media files based on year and month by default, it can be cool to stick to the WordPress default method of organizing and managing media files if you have a small site or blog. But if you have a large website like a blog you post daily then you need to organize your files with a WordPress media library folder plugin.
Steps to Organize and Manage Media Files
- In your WordPress Admin dashboard, go to plugins >> Add New, install and activate WordPress Media Library Folders plugin.
- To use the plugin, locate and click on Media Library Folder on your WordPress dashboard. By default, the plugin will group your files based on year and months.
NOTE: You can only create 10 folders using the free version of the plugin. To create more than 10 folders you’ll need the premium version of the plugin.
- To create a folder click on Add Folder, type in your folder name in the box that pops up and click Create Folder. Note that your folder name cannot contain spaces, you can only use hyphen or underscore to separate the words.
- To rename a file, check the file, click on Rename, on the box that opens, type in your file name click Rename File.
- To move file from one folder to another. Check the files you want to move, toggle the Move/Copy button and make sure it’s on Move then with your mouse, drag the file the your desired folder.
- To delete a folder, right click on the folder and choose Delete this Folder?
- To hide a folder, right click on the folder and choose Hide this Folder?
- To create a sub folder, open the parent folder and click on Add Folder