This post will show you how to easily create and add Google Adsense ads.txt file in WordPress site. Ads.txt was created by IAB Tech Lab for digital advertising platforms especially Goggle supported platforms like Google Adsense, Doubleclick and Ad Exchange.
Ads.txt file protects Ads publishers from click fraud and also from losing generated revenues. Ads.txt file improves transparency in online advertisement by allowing publishers to declare who can display Ads on their site.
The standard way to add Ads.txt file to your website is by uploading the file to the root domain of your website. Sometimes it can be a little bit difficult for some bloggers who aren’t conversant with Cpanel. If you are using WordPress and you want to create and add Ads.txt file to your WordPress website without leaving WordPress domain follow the steps below:
- Install and activate Ads.txt & App-ads.txt Manager For WordPress
- Under the Ads.txt & App-ads.txt Manager For WordPress plugin settings, you will need to configure and paste the codes individually unlike other plugins where you paste the full code at once. Adstxt code from Adsense will look like the one below
From the code above:
- pub-0000000000000000 is your unique publisher’s ID for instance from Adsense.
- google.com is the Ad source domain
- DIRECT is the Type of Relationship
- f08c47fec0942fa0 is the Ad source ID