In this post, we’ll look at 5 best free code editors for web, mobile, software developers and programmers. There are many code editors out there, a new coder may not really know which one is the best to start with, while some code editors are very easy to understand and begin with, some have complex features where a new user will need a crash course to walk through.
Some awesome features of Notepad++:
- Notepad++ supports Macros recording and playback.
- supports Multi-View, and Tab interface for Multi-Document.
- Easy to use for beginners.
Visual Studio Code
The code editor is available for windows, linux, max OS, UNIX and android operating systems.
Some awesome features of Visual Studio Code:
- Visual studio code is easily extensible and customizable in Mac OS.
- supports code refactoring & debugging.
- Its easy to work with Git.
- Auto-completion for variable types, function definitions, and imported modules.
- syntax highlighting
Atom is a free code editors that support many languages. It’s available for windows, linux and Mac OS.
Some awesome features of Atom:
- Comes with built-in package manager.
- Smart auto-completion option.
- Support cross-platform editing.
- Multiple panes for comparism
I will update this article as I review other free code editors while coding.