This post will show you how to turn on safe search on the Google Chrome browser. Sometimes you may need to filter search engine results like adults contents, and violent or abusive content & block some websites on a device especially devices used by kids.
Following the steps below to turn on safe family search mode on your chrome browser:
- On your Chrome browser (I’m using an Andriod phone), tap the three vertical dots on the top right and select “Settings”
- On the next page, select “Privacy and security”, open “Safe browsing”
- Select “Enhanced protection” under safe browsing.
Enhanced protection is the fastest method of all, it gives proactive protection against dangerous websites, downloads, and extensions. It also warns users about password breaches.
- Move back to “Privacy and security” and select “Use secure DNS”, and turn it on if it was off.
- Select “Choose another provider”, tap on custom to expand the options available and choose “CleanBrowsing (Family Filter)”.
With this you can give your phone to a kid to safely search the internet using the chrome browser.
Leave a Reply